04 March 2012

A Nautical Night

Last night I filled my home with a lot of friends, decorations, costumes, food, music, and fun.

I turned 23 on Thursday and had a lovely birthday party last night! A few friends came over earlier in the day and helped with food and decorating prep (I basically did very little decorating other than maybe moving stuff around to accommodate much of the food).

I know most people might have viewed the pictures on facebook but I wanted to share the pictures I took. I really wish I had taken many more, and if I had been smart I would have taken really good ones before everybody came and when the table was full, but boo-hoo I did not.

The theme was nautical. Costumes were mandatory.

When I saw that child size life jacket in a thrift store I knew it needed a home. I asked for that mat for Christmas and though it wasn't the inspiration for the party, it certainly helped the theme along!



These lovely ladies are new friends I've made in the past couple weeks!
This picture was taken before even half the food had arrived! It was a tasty night.
So I found these pictures online of licorice knots. They didn't turn out quite as I had hoped (as they kept falling apart) but when I first did them, they looked great! Haha.
My friend Kaycee had the brilliant idea of hanging the rope with the pictures and adding the "Welcome Aboard!"
I found these amazing pictures at a thrift store!

This lovely lady is Tami Knepper of The Cloven Heart. She writes a lovely blog and sells beautiful vintage stuff on Etsy. Check her out for sure. She just opened her Etsy shop this past month so now is a great time to get stuff before it all sells out.


This net belongs to the above Tami and her husband Josh. Josh has owned it since he was about 13! Many crabs have been caught in it. I was delighted to borrow it for an evening of fun.

I found this sword on my bed. I took the liberty of sleeping with it. I'm going to keep it for safety reasons in my room at night! Hehe.


This lovely lady made the stenciled brownies below!
She used a stencil and sifted baking sugar! She also had a gooey layer inside. They were the BEST!

I found these awesome glasses/glass containers/awesomeness at a thrift store!

My friend Megs made these awesome jello/orange pirate ships!

The one thing I knew was that I was going to find a fish bowl and I was going to serve goldfish in it! So I did.

Taken near the end of the night.
You can't tell because the picture is black and white but that shelf is blue! I just found it thrifting this week and love it!
I took these last two pictures right before bed. I kinda like how creepy my hallway looks at this point! It was time for bed!