21 June 2012

Thursday - Thanks!

As I explore the Bible I see so many calls to be thankful. Even in our prayers we're called to thankful (Philippians 4).

This week I'm thankful for:

  • Rest. I've spent much time this week just sitting with Jesus and letting Him fill up my soul. After a rough week last week, I needed Him to take over everything. I knew I needed rest when I was out with a dear childhood friend for dinner on Tuesday and was practically mixing up my words. Nadine, go sleep. So I did. I went to bed at like 8, and I asked Jesus to sleep with me and provide a long sleep. I woke up around midnight which was fine because there was a text I needed to read but then slept again until morning. I woke up feeling so very refreshed and restored.
    I'm thankful.
     
  • My friend Michelle. Michelle is lovely. We work together at one of my jobs and she is someone who just gets my heart so very well. She knows how to speak truth to me, speak discipline to me, speak love to me, and ultimately, she leads me to Jesus all the time. After my refreshing rest, I picked her up and we went for early morning coffee. Good conversation occurred.
    I'm thankful.
  • Le Marche St. George coffee shop! This coffee shop is just a block away from one of my jobs and it is lovely. The staff are so friendly, the food is tasty, and the coffee is incredible. They don't even offer any drip coffee - it's a good day! I typically run in on my way to work but I look forward to spending some time there some day. It's so cute and cozy.
    I'm thankful.


  • Strawberries! I spent a good portion of my shift this morning/afternoon picking strawberries! It was so fun. Fruit is so tasty, and strawberries don't get any better than when they're literally just picked! So yummy.
    I'm thankful. 
  • Sunshine! Today is so beautiful. I love it! I make adequate attempts each day to be joyful, but I've got to say - it's a LOT easier on a sunny day!
    I'm thankful.
  • People who let me join their families. Though my own family is wonderful, sometimes as a single, it can get lonely just hanging out with other singles all the time (though I do LOVE my friends - I'm thankful for them). There are several families who have let me join in on their lives here in Vancouver. I get to babysit their kids, enjoy meals with them, eat late night Mcflurries with them, and mostly get to loved on by them. It's the perfect combination of things. (Especially when they don't get mad at me when I make epic forts with every blanket and set of sheets in their entire home for their kids)
    I'm thankful.
  • Internet. Today as I picked berries and took pictures of berries and posted them online (because that's cool right?) I marveled at the fact that I could do all of that. Technology is incredible. It has its downfalls for sure, but it is also incredible. I'm so grateful to be able to connect via internet with my siblings across the country, my friends worldwide, and this interesting blogging community everywhere. Love it.
    I'm thankful.

That's my list today. There's so much more. These seem like such surface things, but they are the things that have made my days this past week or so.

What about you? What are you thankful for this Thursday?