13 November 2012

Tune-y Tuesday (why)



Certain songs take me back. I remember when Bethany Dillon released her first album. I was in high school, trying to sort out life, and desperately in love with Jesus. He was the only thing I knew to be constant and true. When Bethany released her album, every word resonated with my little heart.

Whenever this song comes on these days, I remember sitting at my piano plunking this song out.

It is amazing to me that she was able to write such powerful and incredible lyrics as a teenager. There words still impact me now so I wanted to share them this Tune-y Tuesday.

It's easy for me to forget about God. It's easy for me to live a lot of days in a row without going to Him. It's super easy for me to sin.

Yet the grace and mercy of Jesus cover me each day. WOW! Talk about unmerited and undeserved.




This house is echoing
With the sound of You knocking at the door
But with three locks
And the shades down
You are easy to ignore
I've put You on like an old pair of shoes
I've put You off, but now I need You

Why, this love that never leaves me
Why are You holding me tonight
Can't deny this love that is given me
Why, this love never leaves

You're a good strategy when I need one
An angle when there is none
Like a doormat
That always says welcome
No matter how much dirt I rub on
But when I am tired and run through
Look over this hill, I'm running to You

Why, this love that never leaves me
Why are You holding me tonight
Can't deny this love that is given me
Why, this love never



Why, this love that never leaves me
Why are You holding me tonight
Can't deny this love that is given me
Why,

Oh why?

Why are You holding me, You're holding me tonight

Can't deny this love that is given me

Why, this love never leaves