22 January 2013

{a walk through} psalm 7


Starting January 2013, I decided to take a little step into a semi big blog commitment. I'm going to walk through the Psalms on my blog. Until the book is done, I'll post a verse or two in a photo every single Tuesday and Thursday. The heart of this series is for me to be looking into the word and being intentional to post HIS words here. Sometimes it'll just be the one photo as a blog post, sometimes I'll share what the words in the verse meant to me as I read it, and sometimes I'll have a post going on that day that speaks of other things. Thanks for joining me in this Psalm walk through.

It's week three of this forever and a year walk through! It's a funny thing for me, to have committed to something so very long. In one song that I wrote a while ago, I started it by saying I'm a perfect 10 at fading away because seriously - long term is long!


This verse today reminds me of my true identity. It is in Christ. The Lord is my shield. That is where I am safe. I've actually got more words about identity ready to be shared tomorrow. It's something I've been reflecting on a lot lately and really trying to put into action in my heart. Rooting my identity in Christ. Loving the Scriptures. Praying continually.

I want to be upright in heart. I want to meet Jesus and not feel shame for the way my heart expressed itself. I want my heart to love greatly, forgive quickly, and for Christ to be the direction my heart is orientated, if that makes any sense at all.

Also. I think this graphic might just be my favourite that I've made. It's just so pretty! You're always welcome to pin the stuff I put up here. I know that's obvious to say, but just in case you weren't sure - do it if you like it.