19 March 2013

{a walk through} psalm 23

Can I admit that I almost wanted to skip this Psalm? well I guess I just did. Not because I don't like it, but I wanted to skip it because it's so known to me.

This Psalm is filled with words that I cling to, words that I speak to others, words that others speak to me.

I struggled to choose which verse to focus on, because the entire Psalm would be too much to graze (did you like the pasture reference? Yeah, me too) in a day. It's just filled with too much goodness to cover everything.

It sat in a tie between verse 3 and verse 4 for a while.

Actually, let me share it in its entirety, and then share what I decided to focus on.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.



I know this God well. The God who restores. The God who leads. The God who leads me to righteousness.

The God who gets all of the glory.

He is worthy of glory.

Where is God leading you for his name's sake?

Gotta be honest, I'm still deciphering that one. I've got very little clue but I'm trying my bestest to walk in faithfulness because I know He is leading me faithfully.