17 May 2013

And then I'll sing them again

It's always the most fun Sunday of my month when I get to play on the worship team. Currently we have three services, so basically I get to do my favourite thing (worship Jesus) ALL morning. I love it. It's such a joy.

This song, one we happened to sing on Sunday, is one I've heard before many times, and one that I've always thought is beautiful. Yet after hearing the sermon, my heart was in such a place of seeking Jesus. I needed Him to provide the comfort I haven't been finding in my endeavours.

And of course, He did.



So tonight, Sunday night as I write these words, I sing these words:

Your statutes are my heritage forever
My heart is set on keeping Your decrees
Please still my anxious urge toward rebellion
Let Love keep my will upon its knees



And I'll sing these words, words that almost always bring me to tears when I consider them:


I will seek You in the morning
I will learn to walk in Your ways
And step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days



I'll keep singing them until I mean them with all my heart.
And then I'll sing them again.