06 March 2014

{a walk through} psalm 96

 
Psalm 93

There's one line in this passage in particular that has stood out to me for weeks every since I looked ahead at all the 90's Psalms (not to be confused with 90's music).

For all the gods of the people are worthless idols, but the Lord made the heavens.

That part all the gods of the people are worthless idols, it's stuck with me. It comes to mind when I'm making decisions between things that are good and things that are holy.

I almost simply put that verse over a picture of a cup of coffee to remind myself that the Lord is more giving of life than coffee. But then I didn't because maybe sometimes His grace is a cup of coffee. Or maybe not, so I'll just let this coffee thing go.

I love when I read a scripture and it sticks with me. What's a scripture that's been sticking with you lately?