25 May 2012

Caught Tears

Anyone else ever have those moments where everything is perfect? Right until it isn't?


I'm so grateful for my Saviour.


I rejoice in the truth shared in Revelation 21 when I learn that someday there will be no more tears, or mourning, or crying or pain because the old order (this world that is filled with sin) will have been passed away.


I gain comfort from Psalm 56 where I learn that the Lord keeps track of my tears. That's a big job.


I take a small ounce of peace in knowing that I am not the only one who mourns areas of life. I can look at David in numerous places (or Psalm 6 or Psalm 25 or basically any other Psalm - let's be honest, David was an emotional dude) or a lot of that comfort from Jesus (in Matthew 14) when scripture shares that Jesus mourned a death of a friend.


I can take deep joy in knowing that Jesus walked through all I walk through and remained faithful until the very end and beyond.


    Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 ESV)


I take comfort in Christ.


I take my comfort in Jesus because Jesus is my sustenance. He is my daily bread and my lifetime friend.


    Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone?
(Matthew 7:9 ESV)


God is not in the habit of handing out stones. God is faithful to fulfill His promises. His biggest promise (I would say) is grace.


Grace is overwhelming.


I need it so much.


Tonight I whispered to God,


"God, I'm not quite sure why this is happening" and He said, "Relax, I know what's going on".


Thank you Lord. I'm going to keep trusting in God for all these issues that burden my heart today.


    But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
        will enter your house.
    I will bow down toward your holy temple
        in the fear of you.

(Psalm 5:7 ESV)