13 August 2011

Dancing Past Dark

It always amazes me how once I hit the point of breaking, God suddenly teaches me that I don't need to be broken. He always fixes.

Isaiah 40: 28-31

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

This past week I counselled up at Anvil. It will probably go down as one my most precious weeks of the summer. I was challenged by questions from campers, and daily taught new things from God. I had an honest prayer with God via the Psalms which were speaking exactly as my heart was feeling. God's comfort was my strength. I'm learning how to wait for the Lord. The longer I wait, the quicker He arrives.

Camp is a perfect place for me. I get to dance around all day long, wear wacky clothes, teach beautiful girls that God thinks they are great, and in amidst it all God teaches me more than I think He can. 


The passage from Isaiah was a portion of a song that we danced and sang all week. It was my favourite song for its actions, and also its strong push for me to rely on God rather than my self.

God is good.