29 August 2011

Delivered

I will bless ( I will speak good words of Him ) the Lord ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ) at all times; his praise shall continually ( I will actively ponder you always ) be in my mouth. 

My soul ( Jeremiah 9:23-24 Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,  but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” ) makes its boast ( I will boast only of grace because of Christ Jesus )in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. 

Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!

I sought ( Matthew 7:7-8 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. ) the Lord, and he answered ( Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. ) me and delivered ( The Lord knows even the fears I have not discovered yet, and already He has rescued me ) me from all my fears ( Psalm 46: 1-3 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. ). 

Those who look to him are radiant ( I will never be silent of my love of God ), and their faces shall never be ashamed ( Philippians 1:20 [It is] my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. ). 

This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved ( Romans 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” ) him out of all his troubles ( When I remember my past, even amidst trial and pain, I can see that the Lord was working for His good, for His glory, for His pleasure, and because He loves me. ). 

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good ( I have tasted. I have seen. God is good. )! 

Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him ( Who in all of the earth shall I fear? My Lord is for me )! 

Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek ( Proverbs 28: 5 Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand it completely.  ) the Lord lack no good thing.

Come, O children, listen ( Everyday I shall realign my steps with that of the Lord. ) to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord ( Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. ). 

What man is there who desires life and loves many days, that he may see good? 

Keep your tongue ( James 3:3-5 If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! ) from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away ( 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. ) from evil and do good; seek peace and ( Hebrews 12:14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. ) pursue it.

The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry ( When I call on His name He answers. There has never been a time when He has not responded to my cry. ). 

The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the memory of them from the earth. 

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. 

The Lord is near ( Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds. ) to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. 

( 2 Timothy 3:12-15 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. ) Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers ( Proverbs 20:22 Do not say, “I will repay evil” wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you. ) him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken. Affliction will slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. 

The Lord redeems ( Galations 4:4-7 [When] the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God. ) the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned ( grace upon grace upon grace ).

Psalm 34

(if it is in brackets and is not referenced to scripture, it is my thought and/or prayer)