20 September 2012

Lost in Beauty

Do you ever get lost in the beauty of something?

 I looked up from my computer a few minutes ago and just saw Jesus screaming love to my heart in the form of these lovely flowers, which is what led me to write this lil post.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried. For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.   
(Luke 12:24-31 ESV)


Does the words of another every catch your breathe because you're so encouraged?

 Last night my sweet mentor came over and listened to me list all the reasons why I'm struggling with trusting God. I spent a lot of time just sharing my heart. She patiently listened and offered sweet wisdom. When she left I felt encouraged rather than the opposite which tells me she was speaking real truth.
    Send out your light and your truth;
        let them lead me;
    let them bring me to your holy hill
        and to your dwelling!
    Then I will go to the altar of God,
        to God my exceeding joy,
    and I will praise you with the lyre,
        O God, my God.
(Psalm 43:3-4 ESV)


Do you look outside and see Jesus in the sky?

(in Ontario in the spring) I spent much of my time with my sister sitting on the bed in the guest room looking outside and trying to hear from Jesus about what the next steps in life were going to be.
I constantly find myself looking at the sky because it's when I look up (away from the world around me) that I tend to see and hear Jesus speaking.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
(John 14:27 ESV)

Do you read a text a friend sent randomly and find yourself thanking God for them?

 (received this week) You are a lover of life. And you are so faithful Nadine, even when you don't think so. There is so much fire inside you, don't let the world get you down. You were made to shine. (I was, and remain incredibly blessed and encouraged by friends who care)

Do you ever look around at the life you have and whisper deep prayers of thanks because you never did anything to deserve such grace?

A few weeks ago I hosted a "welcome to September" party with the theme Spots and Stripes. It was so much fun to dress up with friends and laugh loudly. I'm mighty thankful for my silly friends.


Do you ever open mail from a friend who was once a stranger and see Christ in their actions and words?

 I am ever so thankful for Margaret. She has a heart that is truly seeking Jesus and it shows in what she does with her days.


Do you ever taste perfection and take courage because of it?

I'm not kidding when I say that Coffee leads me to Jesus.


Do you ever experience a dry season in your faith, finally open up about it, and suddenly have floodgates of encouragement by friends and strangers alike? So much so that you begin to re-realize the goodness that is Christ?



    Why are you cast down, O my soul,
        and why are you in turmoil within me?
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
        my salvation and my God.
(Psalm 43:5 ESV)


I wanna get lost in the beauty that is in everything. That beauty is Christ.

Have you ever?
Me as well.