12 July 2012

Thursday - Thanks!

Today I'm thankful for a day filled with much laughter, smiles, successes, songs and salvation!

I'm thankful for sunshine.

I'm thankful for a sing-along with one of my youth. It was good practice for me on the guitar and a great time in general.

I'm thankful for two of my youth accomplishing goals today. I'm thankful I got to play a very small role in the process.

I'm thankful for a sister who is in the last week of her masters, pregnant, tired, and overwhelmed but still willing to write encouraging texts to me on the days when I'm overwhelmed as well.

I'm thankful for the fact that tonight I have worship practice.

I'm thankful for the fact that one of my sweet girls at work listened to me play guitar and sing pop songs. I'm extra thankful that she was singing along. I'm mostly just thankful for her. She's a bright light in my life.

I'm thankful for a co-worker who planned to have a quiet night in but instead decided to go for sushi with me after work. She's another bright light in my life.

Its a good day. I'm thankful for it.

I'm thankful for Jesus. He died and rose so that anyone who calls upon His name can be saved.

It's the Gospel I'm truly thankful for. 

I spent last night on a long drive kind of mourning the issues where I've been falling short. Jesus was quick to remind me that his grace is sufficient and that His grace is not a DIY project. It's a HE-DOES-IT-ALL project!

The other things are just fun things though. Things that point me to Jesus, remind me of His grace, and keep me going.

    Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
(James 5:13 ESV)