03 January 2013

{a walk through} psalm 2


Starting January 2013, I decided to take a little step into a semi big blog commitment. I'm going to walk through the Psalms on my blog. Until the book is done, I'll post a verse or two in a photo every single Tuesday and Thursday. The heart of this series is for me to be looking into the word and being intentional to post HIS words here. Sometimes it'll just be the one photo as a blog post, sometimes I'll share what the words in the verse meant to me as I read it, and sometimes I'll have a post going on that day that speaks of other things. Thanks for joining me in this Psalm walk through.

You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.

You are mine.

You are my child.

My first born son.

My biological child.





As women it's easy to get caught up in all the "son" and "men" talk in the Bible.
And I've seen lots of girls get in a frenzy because it doesn't seem fair.

I've found such comfort in knowing that in the culture that this was written in, a son was looked at differently. Culturally, the first born son meant so much.

So to be called a first born son of God is what I want to be called.

I want to be the heir.

And through the life and death and resurrection of Jesus, I am an heir.

Wow.
Wow.
WOW!