04 February 2014

Accept the grace.



The other day l was out for a run and partway through I realized I was on a long one, longer than normal (I follow an app and sometimes forget that I should pay attention to things like time). I was exhausted and done. 

I was running around a lake and made a beeline to a bench to give my weak legs a break.

As I sat, saddened by my weakness, awkwardly wheezing and out of breath, I experienced grace. I felt a rush of grace, physically almost, just cover me. 

I accepted it. I accepted as God spoke over me that He loves me right now, exactly who I am now. 

It’s my new motto for February.

Accept the grace.

I’m working through my newly arrived PowerSheets, creating good goals and doing self evaluation. As I write things down, I’m remembering that God loves me now. 

He loves me tomorrow, loved me yesterday, and truly cares for me as I am now. He’s going to do good work as I lean into Him and take faithful steps in the direction He points. 

He’s also going to stay with me, even when I feel my knees physically buckle under the pressures of the day.

I’m remembering my verse for the year.

Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.
(Hebrews 12:12-13)

As I wheeze my way through each run, I’m letting the grace already on me be felt.

Scripture tells me that from His fullness I have received grace upon grace. I believe in grace.