07 February 2014

blogging is

Do you ever open up a scripture, start reading and feel your heart fill with possibility? Just see the truth and feel impacted, pushed, pulled, inspired, encouraged, just excited about the Gospel?

That’s how I felt when I started working through my She Reads Truth devotional yesterday. The devotional over on SRT yesterday was phenomenal. Be SURE to read it.

AND NOW, this passage that inspired me! It’s awesome and worth taking the time to read.

     That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life—the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us—that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
     
     This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
    
(1 John 1 ESV)


Isn't that amazing? Ah, I love it! I love scripture that speaks of light and darkness because it's so visual and easy for me to make sense of.

Verse four was the verse that caught my heart, and reminded me why I’m here on the internet.

And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.

Each time I write and share the things that God is doing, my joy is being made complete.

The reason being because my joy is in Christ, in the salvation He has offered me, in the grace upon grace that He has poured all over me

And it’s my joy to share the things I’m learning.

I got a comment recently from someone who was thankful that I’m not a lifestyle blog.

Do you know what I’d like to be? Like, what I wish this blog was? A lifestyle blog.

But I just can never get that lifestyle blog part down. I don’t have a pretty enough style, fancy enough house, snazzy enough camera.

And I don’t mind.

Because my joy finds its completion when I share the Gospel.

And each day, when I show up here, somewhat less often lately, I share that joy.

This season is one of learning. I recognize that. 

I asked God to teach me to believe that He loves me, and He is teaching me. He’s not letting me rest in any sense of unbelief.

Blogging is a sweet expression of my joy.

It’s my joy to show up here, whenever I do, to share what I learn.

Dear reader, whoever you are, I’m thankful and grateful for you. You’re helping my fulfill my joy.