07 August 2012

Tune-y Tuesday (before the throne)

Worship leading was beautiful on Sunday. I've said it before I'll surely say it again, it's an honour. I'm still not quite sure why God uses me but I am grateful for any opportunity He gives.

But . . . let me tell you about Sunday.

  • I had a great sleep (which was a miracle. I can not remember a Sunday where I've led worship and had a good sleep. I think it's because I prayed about it all week and God decided to grant that miracle. Wow)
  • I had too much coffee on an empty stomach (why oh why did I think that 3 cups between 6-9 am was a good idea?) which led to a stomach ache the length of from 9 am until about ten pm, gross
  • I got overwhelmed by Jesus due to a well-timed sermon
  • I had to vocally lead the first song in the response time
  • Cue girl trying not to cry while singing the song below
  • Cue Jesus providing soooooo much comfort
  • Cue joy
"Before the Throne"

I love the song. I have some of the lyrics on my white board. I think it's stunning and true.


On Sunday as I led it, I think I got so lost in it (in a good lost way). So blown away and brought back to grace amidst the verses.

Today for this Tune-y Tuesday, just listen and let this truth bring you His peace.

This version is by Shane and Shane. Two dudes who love Jesus and happen to play guitar most excellently.


before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea
a great High Priest whose name is Love
who ever lives and pleads for me

my name is graven on His hands
my name is written on His heart
I know that while in heaven He stands
no tongue can bid me thence depart
no tongue can bid me thence depart

when Satan temps me to despair
and tells me of the guilt within
upwards I look and see Him [Jesus] there
who made an end of all my sin

because a sinless Saviour died
my sinful soul is counted free
for God the Just is satisfied
to look on Him and pardon me
to look on Him and pardon me

Hallelujah.
Hallelujah.
Praise the One.
Risen Son of God.

behold Him there the Risen Lamb
my perfect spotless righteousness
the great unchangeable I Am
the King of Glory and of grace

one with Himself I cannot die
my soul is purchased by His blood
my life is hid with Christ on high
with Christ my Saviour as my God
with Christ my Saviour as my God

Wow.
Mind blown.
When I am weak then He is strong - and then He gets all glory because I'm not caught up in my good works. He's served best when I'm serving Him.