26 October 2012

Pleasant Places

This portion of scripture is stunning to my heart.
The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;
           you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
           indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
I bless the LORD who gives me counsel;
           in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me;
           because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;
          my flesh also dwells secure.
(Psalm 16:5-9 ESV)


Isn't that so beautiful?

My faith is in the Lord. I trust in His Sovereign plan for my life. His ways are what I walk in, joyfully and peacefully. He has placed me where I should be. He speaks to me and my soul response with joy. He alters my heart.


He is my secondary heartbeat.

When I say secondary, I don't mean that He is secondary, or that He is second rate. 

He IS the heart in me. He IS the choice I've made.
 
Christ is who I have chosen to rule over all that I do.

He is always before me. He is always with me. With Him by my side I can rest easy. My heart joyfully leaps in His presence. I am safe in Jesus, the Lord of my life.