09 November 2012

Journals of Yesterday



I was reading recently through a journal from a few years ago, and was overwhelmed by some of the words that I'd written. 
Words like:
"I just can't seem to find hope or peace anymore." and "I know what I need to do to be happy, but I just feel so captive and unable to get there".

When I see where I was, and see where I've been brought to through the reconciliation of the cross in my life, I realize that God is so powerful. 
Jesus changed everything.

I'm not happier now.
Happy is the wrong word.

I have His peace.
I have His joy.
I have His hope.

It's all Jesus.
He saved me.

My joy is based on Him.
    Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:4-7 ESV)