06 December 2012

Cease

Have you ever noticed something happen all the time?

A reoccurring event.

Or felt like you keep hearing a certain word being spoken more often then you ever have before?

A repeating word.

Or looked at your life pattern and recognized the same emotion showing up, consistently and without fail?

A regular sentiment.


Oh, just me?


There's a word that just keeps showing up.
An emotion that keeps on being felt.
A pattern that won't quite quit.


The word is striving. (as in stop striving)
The emotion is tired. (as in choose to rest instead)
The pattern is restless. (as in live in peace)

The overarching point seems to be

cease these things


. . .
    “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” . . . “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
(John 14:18-21,26-27 ESV)
. . . 

I truly am grateful, thankful, eternally in dept, to the Helper, the Holy Spirit, who teaches me all things and brings to my remembrance all that Jesus shared.

The Holy Spirit points me to the One who saves me from my striving, gives strength to my tired soul, provides refuge from all of my restlessness. His name is Jesus.