24 May 2013

because God is control

You know that moment when you find out about something, and everybody looks at you like you're crazy for not knowing? That's the way I'm picturing you looking me right about . . . now.

Because I just listened to OCEANS by Hillsong for the first time on Tuesday, and man oh man, I was so blown away. Not at the beginning, not at the middle, but at the bridge. Upon a second and third listen, I now love every part of the song.

So if you like me, have been living under a rock, welcome to the new world where this song exists. And if you've heard it a thousand times, well than, here's another listen for you.

 

As I've listened to this song, over and over and over and over, this week, different waves have come over me.

Waves of peace that God is in control, and that I can confidently walk forward in whatever He calls me to because He is with me.

Waves of fear because God is in control, which means that I get to follow. I like leading. I like taking control. Following is harder for me. Quieting my heart to listen to His will is harder for me.

Waves of joy because God is in control. He is good. He is worthy of all of me. So I can joyously follow.

Waves of much more, all focusing on God being in control. He is good. I do love Him. And He does love me.

So I will sing these words over and over and over and over.