13 May 2013

even on the loneliest of nights

I go through seasons of singleness where I'm content, not content, joyous, sorrowful, and right smack in the middle. I vary from day to day, week to week, month to month. They're seasons so they're often changing.

After hosting a bridal shower Saturday, for a friend who I am SO excited to see married, two of the girls stayed for a while and we just talked girl stuff. Some of my heart issues came out into the light, and after they left, I wept with Jesus for a while.

I'm so grateful that Jesus does satisfy.
Even on the loneliest of nights, Jesus is the only One I want holding me.



How is Jesus satisfying you today? Where are you turning to other things instead of Him? I feel you if you are, but instead of going to those things that aren't glorying out God, let's turn away from them right now, walk to the cross, repent of our wandering hearts, and be met by grace. Wow. Yes. Let's do that.