05 February 2013

{a walk through} psalm 11


Starting January 2013, I decided to take a little step into a semi big blog commitment. I'm going to walk through the Psalms on my blog. Until the book is done, I'll post a verse or two in a photo every single Tuesday and Thursday. The heart of this series is for me to be looking into the word and being intentional to post HIS words here. Sometimes it'll just be the one photo as a blog post, sometimes I'll share what the words in the verse meant to me as I read it, and sometimes I'll have a post going on that day that speaks of other things. Thanks for joining me in this Psalm walk through.

This has probably been the hardest Psalm in the series for me to take a verse from and focus on. I'm all for boldness but not really one for controversy. Yet I look through scripture and see a God who hates wickedness and loves righteousness. I can't just go through this series and pick the kindest verse and reflect on it. I have been doing that, but I can't continue. If the point (and this is the point of the series) is to be intentional to post truth here, well, I've got to post truth here. I can't avoid verses.

One of the reasons I respect the church that I attend, is that we go through entire books of the Bible. When you read through Romans (as we are now), you can't avoid the fact that God is hard on sin. It's unavoidable. I never want to paint God as different than He is.

What do you think? How do YOU reconcile the love and wrath of God? I wouldn't necessarily say I struggle with this in my own personal life, but I tend to struggle with articulating it in a way that gives good Glory to God. Thoughts?