11 February 2013

Thoughts on the Rend Collective Experiment





This movement is powerful and beautiful. As I listened through the first time, I tweeted:

When I listen to worship like this, my heart yearns for Heaven, and it cries for the many who don't know freedom.

Because I do. I know freedom in Christ, and I want everybody to know that freedom.

I listen to this worship and I envision the church perfected. And I sorrow that as a corporate church, and even on an individual basis, we're still not there yet.

When will we lay down our swords against one another and simply use the sword of the Spirit?

When will we fit out feet with the Gospel and with peace, instead of walking away when life gets hard?

I'm speaking to myself here. But I'm saying we because I know I'm not the only one.

In church on Sunday the topic was death. I'd been warned going in by a friend that it was going to be depressing, but depressed is the last emotion that I felt. I felt filled with joy because death is not dying for those in Christ.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12
I am so excited to see fully.

What makes you excited? What fills your heart with joy?

P.S. These two songs are my current favourites from the campfire album.