14 February 2013

{a walk through} psalm 14




Starting January 2013, I decided to take a little step into a semi big blog commitment. I'm going to walk through the Psalms on my blog. Until the book is done, I'll post a verse or two in a photo every single Tuesday and Thursday. The heart of this series is for me to be looking into the word and being intentional to post HIS words here. Sometimes it'll just be the one photo as a blog post, sometimes I'll share what the words in the verse meant to me as I read it, and sometimes I'll have a post going on that day that speaks of other things. Thanks for joining me in this Psalm walk through.

You would think that on the day of love that my Psalm would somehow magically be all about love. But alas, it's not.

a little note before you continue: this post is all over the place. You're welcome. This is me. I'm usually thinking a trillion thoughts at once, so today, instead of having a focuses post, I'm just spilling out different words.

Anyway. Happy Valentine's/Valentines (depending on how you like to spell it) Day! I hope it's a lovely day for you. Don't buy into the hype if you don't want to, but if you like this kinda stuff, have a blast!

My relationship advice for the day is to communicate with your loved ones what you want and need. I know that's basic, and I'm no relationship expert, but from my single girl perspective, if you want roses but don't tell your dude, he won't know, and that doesn't make him a bad person.

Seriously eeeerybody (as I'm writing this, I might just be listening to this ((it's a clean version but it still might be a bit explicit for some, sorry)) song on repeat, which means I'm saying words like uuuuurybody and bizniss).

My plan is working from 9-5:45 and then driving to worship practice, so basically it's going to be super romantic! Or not . . .

I've got things to blog about but haven't the time this week to get them up here! But know that I participated in a couple Valentine gift exchanges and I've received one (and am so thankful for it) and am still hoping to receive the other. I want to take pictures of the gifts in good lights, which means my time is limited due to the winter weather and my work schedule, so who knows when that will happen.

Regardless, I've just been feeling really blessed by the blogging community. My post over on Jessi's blog seemed to really be what some people needed to hear, myself totally included. It always amazes me how the words I share so often are the words I need. I've got a couple other guest posts coming up this month and I'm really excited to share the words on my heart.

All of this to say, mushy words included, y'all are awesome.

xoxoxoxoxxo

How's your day? Any fun hyped up moments? Any single people ready to go on strike from the world today? I hear ya!