21 February 2013

{a walk through} psalm 16


Starting January 2013, I decided to take a little step into a semi big blog commitment. I'm going to walk through the Psalms on my blog. Until the book is done, I'll post a verse or two in a photo every single Tuesday and Thursday. The heart of this series is for me to be looking into the word and being intentional to post HIS words here. Sometimes it'll just be the one photo as a blog post, sometimes I'll share what the words in the verse meant to me as I read it, and sometimes I'll have a post going on that day that speaks of other things. Thanks for joining me in this Psalm walk through.

I'm cheating a bit today on this Psalm. I actually wrote about this Psalm last year and wanted to point back to that day. So click HERE for the link and read on for a new post today that has nothing to do with the Psalm. no seriously, go read that post. Whatcha waiting for?


Yesterday I posted a post that got such a sweet reaction. You don't have to leave to read it (but you can if you'd like HERE), (did you go read it? cooooool).

I had so many sweet friends send me little notes of encouragement and I felt like I was really heard. I wrote in on Tuesday night (or realllllllly early Wednesday morning because I think it was past midnight) and I almost took it down in the morning because I was unsure about having laid myself out when I was still really reeling from some stuff. Yet I felt heard.

And then I had just a beautiful day. Work went really well and I felt like I was catching on to this job in a way I hadn't quite felt yet until yesterday, and then I had a sweet chat with Chelsea which was great (seriously, I really love her, and that was the first time we had ever talked), and sat back to reread the comments and was so encouraged (by all of them and especially) by this one from Moriah.
It's okay to admit that you aren't okay. Most of us aren't okay. And if we are okay, we know what it feels like to not be. God's love is the promise we have to hold onto during these times. When you're at your lowest, sit with Him and let it out. He'll speak to you. And that's the only way to keep pushing through until His promises are made known. I'm praying for you, Dear.
On a similar vein, I opened up iTunes for my weekly music listen (I always check out the new releases) and heard a song by Francesca Battistelli called Strangely Dim and I wanted to share it here. It was just what my soul needed to be reminded of. Will you listen with me? I know I needed it, and based simply on the comments and tweets and notes from others, maybe it's what you might need to.

 























Can I share my favourite lines? Cool. (and yes, I know this post is too long. I've got rules on how long my posts are and this post is breaking my rules! We're just going to have to deal with it okay? K cool)

I've had all these plans piled up sky high, a thousand dreams on hold and I don't know why.
I got a front row seat to the longest wait and I just can't see past the things I pray, today.
When I seek Your face and don't look around, any place I'm in grows strangely dim.
I'm gonna fix my eyes on all that You are, 'Til every doubt I feel, deep in my heart, grows strangely dim
I'm gonna seek Your face and not look around.

What's going on for you? Like I said yesterday, I'm okay if you're not okay.

I want to be careful not to offer more than I can give, because my life is full right now. I'm trying to be wise in what I agree to, but I do want to tell you, (yep you), that I'm praying for you. And if you need a friend, I'll be that. I can't promise to be your best friend or the one that keeps up with you all the time, but I will respond if you reach out.

unless your email goes to my spam mail. that happened to two emails in november that I found just recently. sometimes spam folders suck. whooooops.

I pray for each person who visits this space that you will find truth, meet Jesus, and love Him with your whole heart. I pray that you'll receive all wisdom and all peace, and that your life will give glory to Him.

And today I'm praying that all the things going on will grow strangly dim.