29 August 2013

{a walk through} psalm 70


Rejoice in the Lord


Yesterday's post was one I did super quickly late on Tuesday night, so I didn't have time to share that yesterday I was guest posting over at pint sized mama sharing about my refresh series.

I would be so honoured if you'd pop over there and read what I shared. It was really fun for me to do a little check in on myself and see how I'm doing, and really define the why of refresh.

Here's a quick sneak peek:

Picture this: You pull up in the car to an old house you've driven by many a time. You're pretty sure you've been inside, but it has been a long time so you're not really sure if you remember what all the rooms look like. You stop the car, climb on out, walk up to the house, and let yourself in.

As you walk through the rooms, you can't help but notice a few things. You notice a certain musty smell, one caused by windows that have been shut for a few years too long. You notice that the colours on the walls seem faded, which is odd because all the windows are boarded up and no light has been in for a while. You can't help but feel a creak, a constant groan as you walk around on the hardwood floor.

Check out pint sized mama to read the rest! Mackenzie has become one of my dearest friends over the past couple months. I know she would agree when I say that God knew we would both need each other in the transitions we're both walking through. Even if you skip my post, be sure to read her blog. She's amazing.