25 April 2013

{a walk through} psalm 34



Oh Psalm 34, how I love you.

When I started this eternal series, I had a few Psalms which I was already pumped to share about. This is such a Psalm.

Sometimes I can't quite remember what I've shared on this space. Fear however, has been a constant in my life for a long time. I didn't ever really name it up until about 2 years ago, but a friend kindly and graciously whispered Nadine, it's called fear of man, and it's a sin.

Since then, I've had to consistently open my hands to Jesus and say well, here we are again. Ready to heal me? And each time, Jesus graciously gives me sweet mercies, yet again.

This verse is one that I cling to, not only because I need it looking forward, but because it is true.

Do I still struggle with fear? Oh yes, oh baby, oh wow, YES. I do. I wish it wasn't so, but I still think often of people before I think of God. I think of opinions before I think of sharing the gospel. I think of how whatever will look in my life and make strategic decision for my benefit, instead of simply humbling myself before the Lord.

But also, I walk confidently in the sweet grace of Jesus.

I say, okay Jesus, let's do this. And we do.

I lay my fears before Him and suddenly, they're not nearly so scary.

When I hold my fears close, they grow huge and big, scarier by the minute.

When I give my fears to Jesus, they're not nearly as scary.

P.S. My first day at work yesterday went great. I'm overwhelmed and very aware of the learning curve I'm facing, but I'm also aware that I'm right exactly where I should be.

How's life? I might not recognize you if I saw you at the store, but I do see your clicks via google analytics, and if I don't say it enough, I'm truly thankful for you sweet friends who show up here. You're lovely. You're a part of my story, because you point me to Jesus.

So really, how's life? How are things? Where are you seeing God set you free? Where are you living in chains? And if you are living in chains, why oh why are you? Comment here, or feel free to email me at asecondaryheartbeat (at) gmail (dot) com.

Jesus loves us. Let's walk confidently in that. It's amazing.